Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fantastically Flabbergasted

I wanted to rename my blog.... but not really rename it.
So I just changed the title on it!
Here's the real definitions of Fantastically and Flabbergasted.
I think its fun!
Now, the thing is people don't actually use these words the way they should be used.
Actually, people hardly ever use the word flabbergasted.
And people don't use the word fantastic the right way.
Same with quite a few words. Like the word awesome. it means awe inspiring. but when people use that word do they really mean awe inspiring??? no. slang has ruined some of the most amazing words in the english language. Honestly, I use some of these words as slang too.
But, to tell you the truth, English is one of my favorite classes, and always has been,
as long as i have a good teacher. Right now in English we are reading Romeo and Juliet.
Shakespeare is a word genius!!!! He made up most of the words he used in his plays.
And the way he used them was brilliant.
Yeah, thats probably enough. I've sort of been rambling.
So here's the definitions now. :)
Fantastically:
1. conceived or appearing as if conceived by an unrestrained imagination; odd and remarkable; bizarre
2. extravagantly fanciful; marvelous.
3. imaginary or groundless in not being based on reality
Flabbergasted:
1. to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound
anyways.....
Become Fantastically Flabbergasted...

2 comments:

marsmile said...

Wow i love those Definitions! Ha and yes i agree with you that people don't use them right (: love ya!
~Riss

Keni said...

yup! i had fun doing those! luv ya too!